Moto G (2014) 2nd gen XT1068 Marshmallow OTA Review.

Android 6.0 OTA For Moto G 2nd gen


Finally! Android 6.0 OTA for Moto G 2nd gen has been captured by XDA member. Basically, it's a soak test capture and may have some bugs. 

As soon as I found out OTA for Marshmallow has been captured, I flashed stock Android lollipop (because I was using NXROM)  and after that, I just downloaded the OTA and updated my moto to Marshmallow. It took 10 min to install the update but took a long time to boot. 

After booting, It was like, the best thing happened to the device. The animation, performance are better and most important there was no touch lag which can be found in some of the custom ROM. Camera app both Google Camera and Moto Camera performs well compared to custom ROM, I found that Camera in custom ROM lag very much when taking photos as I was not able to capture many moments because of that lag :(.

I have used CM, nxrom, and stock ROM but I prefer using stock because it is more stable gives better battery life (3hrs of screen on time) and performance. Didn't found any lag in stock ROM. Yeah, I know custom ROM have more customization and all but I like to use vanilla android. XDA member who created a thread for OTA links has given a guide to root the device.

                                                             


The steps given to update using captured OTA say to copy the zip file to internal storage and doing a normal system update check and it will show a new update is available. After following the steps device  showed "Your Device is up to date". 

Solution to this problem is to copy zip file in external storage then mobile showed new software update is available.

Link to download OTA zip file is given on XDA forum

Download OTA ZIP file.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Configure Transmission on Openwrt

How to Configure Samba Server on Openwrt

Moto G 2nd Gen working slow?